Rare Book School is currently accepting applications for its summer 2020 courses; the first-round deadline is February 17. Following are just some of our summer offerings on medieval and early modern manuscripts:
- The Book in the Manuscript Era, taught by Raymond Clemens (of Yale University)
- Advanced Seminar in Medieval Manuscript Studies, taught this year for the final time by Barbara A. Shailor (of Yale University)
- The Bible and the Histories of Reading, taught by Peter Stallybrass, assisted by Lynne Farrington (of the University of Pennsylvania)
- Textual Mobilities: Works, Books & Reading Across Early Modern Europe, taught by Roger Chartier (of the Collège de France) and John H. Pollack (of the University of Pennsylvania)
- Introduction to Islamic Manuscripts, taught by Marianna Shreve Simpson & Kelly Tuttle (of the University of Pennsylvania)
- The Medieval Manuscript in the Twenty-First Century, taught by Will Noel and Dot Porter (of the University of Pennsylvania)
- Seminar in Western Codicology, taught by M. Michèle Mulchahey (of the Pontifical Institute of Medieval Studies)
Visit www.rarebookschool.org for course details, previous student evaluations, and instructions for applying. We hope to see you and your colleagues in an RBS course soon.
Please see attached documents for more information.