Review of Applications will begin on February 16, 2018
Based in the GC Digital Scholarship Lab, the GC Digital Fellows Program operates as an in-house think-and-do tank for digital projects, connecting Fellows to digital initiatives throughout The Graduate Center. GC Digital Fellows utilize a team-based approach as they explore creative solutions for projects that can be implemented in a collaborative fashion. In the process, the Program helps build out “The Digital GC” — a vision of the Graduate Center that incorporates technology into its core research and teaching missions.
Our work includes:
- Exploring new ways for Graduate Center faculty, students, and staff to share their academic work through emergent technological tools and social media tools;
- Contributing to and helping to implement a strategic vision for public digital scholarship at the GC;
- Consulting with GC faculty members on digital scholarly projects;
- Offering skill-building workshops to GC students, faculty, and staff;
- Developing websites and web applications for special initiatives;
- Fostering community around digital projects at the GC;
- Experimenting with computational and networked forms of scholarly communication;
- Supporting the Digital Praxis course;
- Encouraging the exploration of digital scholarship, methods, and tools through office hours, our Python Users Group Meetings, and digital research institutes.
Total compensation for the award is $28,128. Funding will include a graduate assistant appointment, which carries eligibility to purchase the low-cost NYSHIP health insurance, a financial aid fellowship award, and in-state tuition remission for fellows who are within their first 10 registered semesters of study. Digital Fellows will be required to work a total of 450 non-teaching hours during the academic year (two 15-week semesters).
The initial DF appointment is for one year, normally from September 1 through August 31 (exact dates vary and will be specified upon appointment). Determinations of DF re-appointments will be made on annual basis up to three years, depending on individual eligibility and GC needs.
Applicants must be Ph.D. students enrolled and in good standing at The Graduate Center, CUNY.
To apply, please send a statement of interest (no more than 1-2 pages), a CV, a list of digital projects undertaken and/or completed, and a letter of reference from a faculty advisor (can be sent separately) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “GC Digital Fellows Application” in the subject line.
We will begin reviewing applications on Friday, February 16th.
Please contact Lisa Rhody, Deputy Director, Digital Initiatives ( email@example.com ) with any questions you might have.