THE JOURNAL OF
THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF IRISH MEDIEVAL STUDIES
An Cumann Meiriceánach um Léann na Meánaoise Éireannaí
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR EOLAS 15!
Eolas: The Journal of the American Society of Irish Medieval Studies is an
interdisciplinary journal dedicated to the study of Ireland in the Middle Ages, including
Irish intersections with other medieval cultures and societies. We look forward to
receiving submissions on a range of subjects dealing with all aspects of medieval Ireland,
including but not limited to: archaeology, philology, theology, literature, history, and art
history. The journal includes a Book Reviews section and is available to members on
Deadline for consideration in Eolas 15: 15 October 2021.
Further information can be found at: https://asims.org/eolas/
- Articles should be based on original research, and be between 7,000 and 10,000
words in length.
- Please include a brief and essential ABSTRACT (a summary of 50–150 words not
taken from the essay itself) for the first page of the essay.
- Submissions will be peer-reviewed and assessed by the editorial committee and
an outside double-blind reviewer, and returned within three months.
- All accepted articles will be copy-edited by the Editor before publication, but any
article requiring substantial revision will be sent back for editing.
- Please use Chicago style, with footnotes; details are on the website: asims.org
- Illustrations must be completed to publication standard and submitted
electronically at not less than 600dpi resolution; line drawings must not be less
than 1200 dpi. Contributors are responsible for securing all rights and permissions
for images upon acceptance.
Please submit articles electronically as Word files to the General Editor, Lahney Preston-
Matto, at: email@example.com
All queries regarding book reviews should be sent to Melanie C. Maddox: