Converting a CV to a Resume
Monday, November 12, 2018
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Graduate Center, room 7209
About the Workshop
While a CV is necessary for an academic job search, a resume is the preferred document for most other fields. In this workshop you will:
- Learn the differences in purpose and style between a CV and resume
- Identify skills and qualifications sought by prospective employers
- Generate a list of your transferable skills
- Choose categories and headings to organize your resume
- Begin to develop bullet points starting with strong action verbs that describe your experiences, skills, and achievements
- Make sure that your final resume is readable, attractive, and consistent
Make sure to bring copies of your CV with you.
Please let us know you’re attending by filling out our event registration form.