The CUNY Graduate Center’s Office of Career Planning and Professional Development (CP&PD) invites applications for CP&PD Fellowships for the 2019-20 academic year. CP&PD supports the Graduate Center’s students in reaching their career goals. Our office sponsors a wide range of career services, including:
- Career advisers, who meet one-on-one to answer questions, discuss self-assessment and career planning, review application materials, assist with interview preparation, and more;
- Writing services, including graduate student consultants who provide one-on-one peer feedback for writing questions and documents;
- Events and workshops, where you can hear from and network with professionals and alumni across a multitude of fields and get hands-on tips and feedback regarding your career materials and questions; and
- Digital resources, including past webinars, informative blog posts and articles, alumni interview podcasts, and more.
Our office is continually striving to expand its student outreach by promoting in-office services and scheduled events. Each graduate fellow is responsible for planning and organizing an event from conception to follow-up surveys. Fellows are encouraged to work on projects that interest them and suit their skillsets.
CP&PD fellows report to the director of the Office of Career Planning and Professional Development and will be expected to work both independently and in collaboration with other fellows and staff career advisors. Former WAC and Quantitative Reasoning Fellows are encouraged to apply.
Activities done by our fellows:
- Event planning, organizing, and promotion
- Communications, social media, and marketing
- Curating content for our website
- Alumni and workplace research and networking
- Data tracking through survey records and summaries
Continuing projects in the office:
- Alumni Aloud podcast
- Career advice blog posts
- Graduate writing consultations
Fellows are expected to maintain a regular work schedule throughout the semester and attend a weekly office meeting. The fellowship is funded at $28,128 and will include eligibility for NYSHIP.
Applications will be submitted through GC Connect, the Office of Career Planning and Professional Developments new job and internship database (search under job postings for CP&PD Fellowship Job ID 3658). The applications are due on Monday, April 22, 2019. If you plan to apply but have not used GC Connect, detailed instructions can be found here: https://careerplan.commons.gc.cuny.edu/services Please submit your CV/resume and a thoughtful cover letter about why you are interested in working in the office.